4th Sunday of Lent (B) Year of Mark LAETARE SUNDAY
2 Chr 36:14-16; Eph 2:4-10; Jn 3:14-21
- Introit: Rejoice O Jerusalem, and gather around all you who love her; rejoice in gladness, after having been in sorrow; exalt and be replenished with the consolation coming from her motherly bosom.
- Mass setting: Missa Orbis Factor
- Motet: I was glad* (C.H.H. Parry)
- Communio: Jerusalem quae aedificatur ut civitas . . . Jerusalem, built as a city whose parts are firmly bound together. It is there that the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, to give thanks unto your name
- Hymns: TIS 216 Rejoice, the Lord is King tune TIS 371 DARWALL; TIS 145 The King of love my shepherd is tune TIS 523 ST COLUMBA
- Organ Prelude: A Prayer of Consecration – Richard Purvis (1913-1994)
- Organ Offertorium: Versillo del Sexto Tono – Francisco Llissa (d. after 1738)
- Organ Voluntary: Prelude and Fugue in ‘c’ minor BWV 549 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
*I was glad when they said unto me: We will go into the house of the Lord.
Our feet shall stand in thy gates: O Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is built as a city: that is at unity in itself.
O pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
Peace be within thy walls: and plenteousness within thy palaces.