2nd Sunday of Lent (B) Year of Mark
Gen 22.1-2, 9-13, 15-18, Rom 8.31-34, Mk 9.2-10
- Mass setting: Missa Deus genitor alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Hail, Gladdening Light* (Charles Wood)
- Communio: Visionem quam vidistis, nemini dixeritis, donec a mortuis resurgat Filius hominis. Tell no one about the vision you have seen until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.
- Hymns: Lent prose Attende Domine; Oculi nostri ad Dominum Deum Our eyes are on the Lord our God (Taizé)
- Organ Prelude: Prayer in ‘Ab” – Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude – Charles Chauvet (1837-1871)
- Organ Voluntary: Adagio (Orchestral Suite in ‘D’) – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Hail, gladdening light, of his pure glory poured,
who is the immortal Father, heavenly, blest,
holiest of holies, Jesu Christ, our Lord.
Now we are come to the sun’s hour of rest,
the lights of evening round us shine,
we hymn the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit divine.
Worthiest art Thou at all times to be sung
with undefiled tongue,
Son of our God, giver of life alone;
therefore in all the world thy glories, Lord, they own.