1st Sunday of Lent (B) Year of Mark
Gen 9:8-15; 1 Pet 3:18-22; Mk 1:12-15 He was in the wilderness for forty days
- Mass setting: Mass for 4 voices (W. Byrd)
- Motet: Call to Remembrance* (Farrant)
- Communio: Scapulis suis obumbrabit tibi, et sub pennis eius sperabis: scuto circumdabit te veritas eius. He will overshadow you with His pinions, and under His wings you shall trust: His truth shall surround you with a shield.
- Hymns: Lent prose Attende Domine; TIS 741 O Lord, hear my prayer (Taizé)
- Organ Prelude: Chorale Prelude ‘O Lord, hear my supplication – Johann Walther (1684-1748)
- Organ Offertorium: Trio in ‘F’ – Buxheimer Orgelbuch (c. 1470)
- Organ Voluntary: Siciliane (from Flute Sonata) – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Call to remembrance, O Lord, thy tender mercy :
and thy loving-kindness, which hath been ever of old.
O remember not the sins and offences of my youth :
but according to thy mercy think thou on me, O Lord, for thy goodness.