5th Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Job 7.1-4, 6-7 Cor 9.16-19, 22-23; Mk 1.29-39
- Introit: Venite, adoremus Deum…/ Come, let us worship God and bow down before the Lord; let us shed tears before the Lord who made us, for he is the Lord our God.
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palaestrina)
- Motet: O Lord in thy wrath (Orlando Gibbons). O Lord, in thy wrath rebuke me not:
neither chasten me in thy displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak:
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore troubled: but, Lord, how long wilt thou punish me? O save me, for thy mercy’s sake.
- Communio: (Gregorian) Multitudo languentium, et qui vexabantur a spiritibus immundis, veniebant ad eum: quia virtus de illo exibat, et sanabat omnes. A multitude with diseases, and those who were troubled by unclean spirits came unto him, because a power emanated from him which healed them all
- Hymns: TIS 447 Lord, your almighty word MOSCOW; TIS 598 Dear father, Lord of humankind REPTON
- Organ Prelude: ‘Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ’ BWV 722 – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Organ Offertorium: ‘Jesus Christ, our Saviour’ – Marcel Dupre (1886-1971)
- Organ Voluntary: Postlude: Introduction & Menuet (Suite Gothique) – Léon Boëllmann (1862-1897)
Organist: Bransby Byrne