Feast of Christ the King
Ez 34:11-12, 15-17; 1Cor 15:20-26, 28; Mt 25:31-46
- Introit: Dignus est Agnus, qui occisus est, accipere virtutem……The Lamb who is has been slain is worthy to receive power and divinity, and wisdom and strength and honour; let glory and dominion be his forever and ever. Endow the King with your judgement O God, and the King’s son with your justice.
- Mass setting: Missa O Quam Gloriosum (Victoria)
- Motet: Hallelujah Chorus (G. F. Händel)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Mt.25.40,24) Amen dico vobis: quod uni ex minimis meis fecistis, mihi fecistis: venite benedicti Patris mei, possidete praeparatum vobis regnum ab initio saeculi. Amen I say to you: inasmuch as you have done it to the least of these, my brethren, you have done it to me. Come blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world.
- Hymns: TIS 224 All Hail the power of Jesus’ name MILES LANE; Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour BRYN CALFARIA
- Organ Prelude: Prelude 3 in ‘Eb’ (Charles Villiers Stanford, 1852-1924)
- Organ Offertorium: “Let the heavens praise” (John Redford, 1486-1547)
- Organ Voluntary: Fantasia in ‘G’ BWV 572 (Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne