Patronal Festival of St Francis (transferred)
Sir 50:1, 3-4, 6-7; Gal 6:14-18, Mt 11:25-30
You have hidden these things from the clever, and have revealed them to mere children
- Mass: Missa Pax et Bonum (Richard Connolly)
- Motet: Os Justi* (Bruckner)
- Communio: (Romans 8.18) Non sunt condignae passiones huis temporis ad futuram gloriam, quae revelabitur in nobis The sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed to us (from the Seraphic Missal)
- Hymns: TIS 100 All Creatures of our God and King LASST UNS ERFEUEN; TIS 607 Make me a channel of your peace CHANNEL OF PEACE; TIS 127 Holy God we praise your name GROSSER GOTT
- Organ Prelude: Diapason movement – John Stanley (1713-1786)
- Organ Offertorium: Versetto in ‘C’ – Giovanni Fasolo (Franciscan monk, c.1600-c.1664)
- Organ Voluntary: Postlude in ‘d’ minor – Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Os justi meditabitur sapientiam: et lingua ejus loquetur judicium. Lex Dei ejus in corde ipsius: et non supplantabuntur gressus ejus. Alleluia.
The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and their tongue speaks what is just.
The law of their God is in their heart: and their feet do not falter. Alleluia.