17th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
1 Kgs 3:5, 7-12; Rom 8.26-27; Mt 13.24-43
- Mass setting: Messe Brève (Theodore Dubois)
- Psalm: No. 118
- Motet: Exaltabo te, Domine* (Alessandro Scarlatti)
- Communio (Gregorian): Simile est regnum caelorum homini negatiotori, quaerenti bonas margaritas: inventa una pretiosa margarita, dedit omnia sua et comparavit eam. The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking precious pearls. When he had found one pearl of great price, he sold all he had, and made it his own.
- Hymns: TIS 560 All my hope on God is founded MICHAEL; TIS 495 Father we give you thanks SPIRITUS VITAE
- Organ Prelude: Kyrie eleison – Francois Couperin (1668-1733)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude in ‘d’ minor – William Hine (1687-1730)
- Organ Voluntary: Toccata in ‘F’ BWV 540 – Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
Choir: This week there will be a visiting choir, the Brabyn Singers, conducted by Bransby Byrne.
*Exaltabo te Domine, quoniam suscepisti me
nec delectasti inimicos meos super me.
Domine clamavi ad te et sanasti me.
I will magnify thee, O Lord, for thou hast set me up:
and not made my foes to triumph over me.
O Lord my God, I cried unto thee: and thou hast healed me.