16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
Wis 12.13, 16-19; Rom 8.26-27; Mt 13.24-43 The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed…the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis (Palaestrina)
- Motet: Beati mundo corde (W. Byrd)*
- Communio: (Gregorian) Acceptabis sacrificium justitiae, oblationes et holocausta, super altare tuum, Domine Then you will be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with oblations and burnt offerings over your altar O Lord.
- Hymns: TIS 111 Praise to the Lord the Almighty LOBE DEN HERREN; TIS 134 Praise, my soul, the king of heaven PRAISE, MY SOUL
- Organ Prelude: Voluntary on a theme of Orlando Gibbons – Alfred E. Floyd (1877-1974)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude – Cesar Franck (1822 – 1890)
- Organ Voluntary: Voluntary in ‘G’ – John Stanley (1713-1786)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
* beati mundo corde quoniam ipsi Deum videbunt
beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur
beati qui persecutionem patiuntur propter iustitiam quoniam ipsorum est regnum caelorum
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.