13th Sunday in Ord. Time (A) Year of Matthew
2Kgs 4:8-11, 14-16a; Rom 6:3-4, 8-11; Mt 10:37-42 Whoever welcomes you welcomes me
- Mass setting: Mass in F (H. Sumsion)
- Motet: Qui vult venire post me (Sweelinck)*
- Communio: Christus resurgens ex mortuis jam non moritur, alleluia. Mors illi ultra non dominabitur, alleluia alleluia. Christ, rising from the dead, dies now no more, alleluia; death shall no longer have any dominion over him, alleluia, alleluia.
- Hymns: TIS 641 This is my will, my one command SUANTRAI; TIS 598 Dear Father, Lord of humankind REPTON
- Organ Prelude: Our Father in heaven – J. Weinmann (d. 1542)
- Organ Offertorium: Ave Maris Stella – verse 2 – Joseph Bonnet (1884-1944)
- Organ Voluntary: March in ‘G’ – Henry Smart (1813-1879)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Qui vult venire post me, abneget semetipsum,
tollat crucem suam, et sequatur me, dicit Dominus.
If anyone will come after me, let them deny themselves,
and take up their cross, and follow me, says the Lord.