The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) (A) Year of Matthew
Deut 8.2-3, 14-16; 1Cor 10.16-17; Jn 6.51-58 The one who eats this bread will live for ever
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palaestrina)
- Motet: Alleluia. Cognoverunt discipuli (William Byrd)*
- Communio: (Gregorian, John 6.57) Qui manducat carnem meam, et bibit sanguinem meum, in me manet, et ego in eo dicit Dominus Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in them says the Lord.
- Hymns: Sweet Sacrament Divine DIVINE MYSTERIES, Soul of my Saviour ANIMA CHRISTI
- Organ Prelude: Blessed Jesu, at Thy word we are gathered BWV 731 – Johann Sebastian Bach (1659-1750)
- Organ Offertorium: Gott Des Himmels – Peter Hurford (b. 1930)
- Organ Voluntary: Alleluyas – Simon Preston (b. 1938)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Alleluia. Cognoverunt discipuli Dominum Jesum in fractione panis.
Alleluia. Caro mea vere est cibus, et sanguis meus vere est potus:
qui manducat carnem, et bibit meum sanguinem, in me manet, et ego in eo. Alleluia.
Alleluia! The disciples knew the Lord Jesus in the breaking of bread.
Alleluia! My flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me: and I in him. Alleluia!