4th Sunday of Easter (A) Year of Matthew
Acts 2.14, 36-41; 1Pt 1.20-25; Jn 10.1-10 I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palestrina)
- Motet: Surrexit pastor bonus* (Palestrina)
- Communio: (Gregorian Jn 10.14) Ego sum pastor bonus, alleluia: et cognosco oves meas, et cognoscunt me meae, alleluia, alleluia. I am the good shepherd says the Lord. I know my sheep and my own know me, alleluia, alleluia.
- Hymns: TIS 59 All people that on earth do dwell OLD 100th; TIS 145 The king of love my shepherd is DOMINUS REGIT ME
- Organ Prelude: Aria – Flor Peeters (1903-1986)
- Organ Offertorium: Pausa – Conrad Paumann (1410-1473)
- Organ Voluntary: Òffertoire ‘O Filii et Filiae’ – Jean Dandrieu (1681/2?-1738)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Surrexit pastor bonus qui animam suam posuit pro ovibus suis,
et pro grege suo mori dignatus est, alleluia.
The good shepherd has arisen, who laid down his life for his sheep,
and for his flock deigned to die, alleluia.