Solemn Easter Vigil
Gen 1; psalm 103; Ex 14 with ex 15; Isaiah 55 with Is 12; Rom 6.3-11 with psalm 117; Lk 24: 1-12
The Service of Light
- Solemn Exultet
- Mass: Mass VIII (de Angelis)
The Liturgy of the Word
- Readings and Psalms
- Gospel Acclamation: triple plainsong
The Liturgy of Baptism and Confirmation
- Motet: Vidi aquam (Ross) I saw water flowing forth from the temple on the right side, alleluia.
The Liturgy of the Eucharist
- Motet: Greater Love* (John Ireland)
- Hymn: TIS 386 By your kingly power, O risen Lord RUGGIERO
- Solemn dismissal with double Alleluia
- Organ Prelude: Jesu, Name above all names – Johann Walther (1684-1748)
- Organ Offertorium: Verse on the 1st tone – Giovanni M. Trabacci (c.1575-1647)
- Organ Voluntary: Toccata in ‘g’ minor – Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can the floods drown it. Love is strong as death.
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,
That we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness.
Ye are washed, ye are sanctified,
ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation;
That ye should show forth the praises of him
who hath call’d you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
I beseech you brethren, by the mercies of God,
that you present your bodies, a living sacrifice, holy,
acceptable unto to God, which is your service.