Maundy Thursday – Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- Mass Setting: Mass for Five voices (William Byrd 1540-1623); Gloria: Mass VIII (de Angelis)
- Communio: (Gregorian) Hoc corpus quod pro vobis tradetur This is my body which is given up for you
- Hymns: TIS 341 My song is love unknown LOVE UNKNOWN; TIS 434 Where there is charity and love JEREMY
- Procession to the altar of repose: Pange lingua Sing my tongue (plainsong)
- Organ Prelude: O Sacred Head – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est. Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor.
Exsultemus, et in ipso jucundemur. Timeamus, et amemus Deum vivum.
Et ex corde diligamus nos sincero. Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Where charity and love are, God is there. Christ’s love has gathered us into one.
Let us rejoice and be pleased in Him. Let us fear, and let us love the living God.
And may we love each other with a sincere heart. Where charity and love are, God is there.
**O sacrum convivium! in quo Christus sumitur: recolitur memoria passionis eius: mens impletur gratia: et futurae gloriae nobis pignus datur.
O sacred banquet! in which Christ is received, the memory of his Passion is renewed,
the mind is filled with grace, and a pledge of future glory to us is given.
*** Ave verum corpus, natum de Maria Virgine, vere passum, immolatum in cruce pro homine cuius latus perforatum fluxit aqua et sanguine: esto nobis praegustatum
in mortis examine. O Iesu dulcis, O Iesu pie, O Iesu, fili Mariae. Miserere mei. Amen.
Hail, true Body, born of the Virgin Mary, having truly suffered, sacrificed on the cross for mankind, from whose pierced side water and blood flowed: Be for us a foretaste [of the Heavenly banquet] in the trial of death! O sweet Jesus, O holy Jesus, O Jesus, son of Mary, have mercy on me. Amen.