5th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterni Christi Munera (Palaestrina)
- Motet: Hail Gladdening Light (Charles Wood) text: Hail! gladdening Light, of His pure glory poured who is th’immortal Father, heavenly, blest,Holiest of Holies-Jesus Christ our Lord! Now we are come to the Sun’s hour of rest; the lights of evening round us shine; we hymn the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit divine! Worthiest art thou at all times to be sung with undefiled tongue, Son of our God, giver of life, alone: Therefore in all the world thy glories, Lord, they own. Amen.
- Communio: Introibo ad altare Dei, ad Deum qui laetifcat juventum meam. I will go in to the altar of God, to the God who gives joy to my youth.
- Hymns: TIS 622 Holy Father, God of Might CATHERINE; TIS 497 Let all mortal flesh keep silence PICARDY
- Organ Prelude: Chorale Prelude on ‘Down Ampney’ – Henry Ley (1887-1962)
- Organ Offertorium: Trio in ‘G’ – Filippo Cappoci (1840-1911)
- Organ Voluntary: Fugue No. 5 – François Roberday (1624-1680)
Organist: Bransby Byrne