Feast of Christ the King
2 Sm 5:1-3, Col 1:12-20, Lk 23:35-43
Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom
- Introit (Gregorian): Dignus est Agnus qui occisus est, accipere virtutem, et divinitatem, et sapientiam, et fortitudinem, et honorem. Ipsi gloria et imperium in saecula saeculorum The Lamb who has been slain is worthy to recieve power, and divinity, and wisdom, and strength, and honour; let glory and dominion be his for ever and ever
- Mass setting: Communion Service in F (Herbert Sumsion) adapted for the Roman Missal
- Motet: In manus tuas Domine (Byrd) Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
You have redeemed me, O Lord, O God of truth. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.
- Communio (Gregorian, Ps 28): Sedebit Dominus Rex in aeternum: Dominus benedicet populo suo in pace The Lord shall sit as king forever; the Lord will bless his people with peace
- Hymns: TIS 224 All Hail the power of Jesus’ name MILES LANE, TIS 520 Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour BRYN CALFARIA
- Organ Prelude: Third Prelude – Darius Milhaud (1892-1974)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude in ‘Ab’ – Cornelius Bryan (1726-1814)
- Organ Voluntary: Finale (from Symphonie IV) – Charles Marie Widor (1844-1937)
Organist: Bransby Byrne