14th Sunday in Ordinary time (C) Year of Luke
Today the Choir of St Francis of Assisi, Paddington, will be joined by the Choir of Christ’s College, Cambridge University, UK.
Is 66.10-14; Gal 6.14-18. Lk 10.1-12, 17-20 The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few
- Introit: We wait for thy loving kindness (W. McKie)
- Mass setting: Mass for Four Voices (W. Byrd)
- Motet (Offertory): Set me as a seal upon thine heart (William Walton)
- Communio: (Ps 33.9) Gustate et videte, quoniam suavis est Dominus: beatus vir, qui sperat in eo Taste and see that the Lord is sweet: blessed is the one who hopes in Him
- Hymns: TIS 347 We sing the praise of him who died BOW BRICKHILL; Love Divine, all Loves excelling BLAENWERN
- Organ Prelude: Nun komm’ der Heiden Heiland (Orgelbüchlein), BWV 599 (J S Bach)
- Organ Offertorium: Petit Offertoire (César Franck)
- Organ Voluntary: Fantasia in G minor, BWV 542 (J S Bach)
Organist: Jonathon Ellse, Senior Organ Scholar, Christ’s College, Cambridge
|St Francis Parish, Paddington
Director of Music: Noel Debien
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Organist Emeritus, Edward Theodore
|Christ’s College, Cambridge
Director of Music: David Rowland
Jonathan Ellse, Senior Organ Scholar
Gabriel Harley, Junior Organ Scholar
Who are Christ’s Chapel Choir from Cambridge?
The Chapel Choir at Christ’s offers students the opportunity to sing in a high-quality middle-commitment choir in Cambridge. The choir sings two evensongs a week in the beautiful college chapel and regularly performs in top London venues, including St Martin-in-the-fields and St John’s Smith Square, as well as a number of English Heritage houses. The choir also typically produces a recording each year, which is released with Regent Records. The latest recording, Christmas from Christ’s, was released in November 2015 and has already received critical acclaim.
Christ’s Chapel Choir will give a concert at 3:30pm on Sunday 3 June at St Francis of Assisi, Paddington, with music by Tallis, Britten, Fauré, and Parry, among others.