Midnight Mass of the Nativity
- Carol singing at 11.30pm (Dec 24) with the Proclamation of light (Lucernarium)
- Introit: (Gregorian) Dominus díxit ad me: Fílius méus es tu, égo hódie génui te. Quare fremuérunt géntes: et pópuli meditáti sunt inánia? The Lord has said to me: You are My Son, this day have I begotten You. Why have the Gentiles raged, and the people devised vain things?
- Midnight Mass setting: Messe de Minuit (Charpentier)
- Motets: Tollite Hostias & Laudare Coeli, (Saint-Saëns); Salve Puerule (Charpentier)
- Hymns and Carols: Lo He Comes with Clouds Descending, The Silver Stars are in the Sky, People Look East, Joy to the World, Good King Wenceslaus, Of the Father’s Love Begotten, Silent Night, Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Communion: (Ps 110) In splendoribus sanctorum, ex utero ante luciferum genui te In the brightness of the saints, from the womb before the dawn I begot you.
- Organ Prelude: All my heart this night rejoices – Johann Walther (1684-1748)
- Organ Voluntary: Toccata (Symphonie 5) – Charles Marie Widor (1844-1937)
Organist: Bransby Byrne